Sunday, November 15, 2009

Heartbreak

(This poem was inpsired by Megan's brother, Brendan, who requested a depressing poem to make into a song.)

You said you'd always love me
You promised you'd be with me
I felt your arms around me
Thought I never would be lonely

So where are you?
When I need you most beside me
The longing burns inside me
I'm drowning in my tears

I didn't know you'd ex me
Refuse to even text me
If only you'd believe me
Your presence would relieve me

So where are you?
When I need you most beside me
The longing burns inside me
I'm drowning in my tears

I'm trying to forget you
Wish I hadn't ever met you
Then my life would be much better
Wouldn't need to write this letter

I don't need you
I don't want you here beside me
No more burning left inside me
No more tears I'll shed for you

Goodbye

3 comments:

Chris said...

I want to hear the song. Is it a ballad? Electric guitar or acoustic?

It sounds promising, although you might need something more mindless and repetitive if you want a top hit.

Kimberly said...

It's for acoustic guitar. Megan volunteered to sing it for our upcoming Altoids meeting this Thursday. So come to Altoids and you can hear it!

Josh said...

Did this ever get performed? I actually think it would be much better with an electric guitar, but I know that wasn't the author's original intent.