Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Four Weeks

I.
Once I was happy.
And now?

Now I’m giddy.

I was content to be single.

Really. And then

You
dropped into my life with
a resonant kerSPLUNK:
A bowling ball in the middle

of my pond.

*sigh*

Once I was happy.


II.
*sigh*

*sigh*

*sigh*

I’ve got butterflies.
Pink ones.
And red ones.
And a few blue (your favorite color...).

When will I see you again?


III.

Fine.
Don’t call for all
I care.


You
think I’ll miss you? Pffff! Like
I care.

Go

jump off a cliff! See if
I care.


The

only problem is...

...

IV.
Once I was happy.
And now?

I

feel

a little

empty.

But

I know better now.
Thanks to


You.


Disclaimer: Contrary to popular belief, I did not write this poem about a particular boy. Think of it more as some musings on relationships gone sour.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Very nice. I like "a resonant kerSPLUNK," and I love the line breaks in part III.
Thanks for posting!

emilyf said...

Yeah part III is good. i recently wrote a poem about a relationship gone sour, but it WAS about a boy in particular. :) Ah, boys....So inspiring, and sometimes that's it.

Josh said...

So you will be coming tonight to give a live reading, right?

Good work!

mg said...

I really like this one. :D especially the "I care" part. I filled it in as I read - "the only problem is... i care." Very clever!!! :)